Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Apple Muffins!

It's been over a month since I've written on this poor little blog. Halloween season was crazy - in a good way! Sold a ton of costumes on Etsy. Now I've moved into Dickens' costumes for Christmas aaaaaaaannnnndddd... lavender filled decorative pillows! I've got such cute fabrics - chevrons, damasks, stripes, solids - can't wait to take pictures and put them on Etsy. I'll post a link as soon as I've got some up!

 Anyways, I've found the yummiest Apple Muffin Recipe and I just had to share! And they use a TON of apples so I feel like they are slightly healthy. ;-)


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sugar (recipe called for 2 cups but 1.5 is PLENTY sweet!)
2 eggs
1 cup oil (I did half applesauce/half oil in my most recent batch - still good but only oil was the yummiest)
1 T vanilla
3 cups flour
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
3 cups peeled, cored, diced apples
brown sugar for topping

Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin pan with paper liners.
Cream together sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Batter will be very thick. Add diced apples. Fill paper liners almost to the top (batter doesn't rise much). Sprinkle with brown sugar.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes. Makes 18 muffins.

They are SO yummy! I admit that I ate more than one when they came out of the oven. I love the chunks of apple and the brown sugar topping provides the perfect crunch!


I'm going to try to be better about blogging! Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment