Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Catching up...

Oh dear! It's been two weeks since my last post! What a terrible blogger I am...

But! Other aspects of life had taken over - namely, sewing! In the 12 days I've been selling costumes on Etsy, I've sold 6 things! That may not seem like a lot, but every little bit of extra money helps! Currently top on the list of things that extra money will go towards is a medical bill from the hospital when I had a my freak allergic reaction - and now I owe them $900. Great. Anyways, but God is providing and I'm getting to sew which I LOVE! I've also got sewing commissions from Rock Bridge for their Fall Festival and Dalton High for their fall musical. YAY!


Tim and I celebrated our 2 month anniversary today - well, "celebrated" by him working 16 hours. ;-) But tomorrow we're headed to watch Watts play football at the UGA vs. Tennessee game - Go Dawgs! It's crazy to think we've been married two months already; time sure flies when you're having fun!


And on that same Tim-is-amazing note, he decided a few weeks ago that he wanted to build a bench for our dining room table. We only have 4 chairs and I've always loved the whole "bench at the dining room table" look. So when he found gorgeous Queen Anne chair legs on sale at Lowe's for ridiculously cheap, he built a bench. From scratch. Like, with wood. He did a ton of research and bought strange sounding screws and planed, measured, sawed, and drilled. After a couple nights of work, he had made a bench! I forgot to take finished-finished pictures so you'll have to content yourself with in-progress pictures!

First, he collected supplies.


He measured a lot...


He did cool things to make the legs attach to the base he made...

And reinforced the side pieces of wood to the top...

And suddenly... A BENCH!

He stained it with some leftover stain (3 coats!)...

Looking SOOO great! We wanted to cushion the top, so that's where I came in! Foam we got for 40% off at Hobby Lobby...


We put a layer on top with about half an inch space on all sides:


Then did ANOTHER layer of foam that wrapped all the way over the edge and some fake leather we got on clearance at Joann Fabrics...


A few staples later and we had a cushioned bench!


I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the bench at our table. I'd go take one now but I'm sitting at Chick-fil-A while Tim works an event until midnight. And now I'm contemplating a milkshake... hmm...

The next update (tomorrow or Sunday) will show the decorative pillows I "upcycled" for the bed and the new bed skirt AND the new furniture in the dining room. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment