Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Making it *our* home...

We've now been home from the honeymoon for one week. Back to normal life which is actually great. It's strange how *right* it feels to be living with someone. Like it's meant to be. :-D

Anyways, so our home... Right now it is... um... neglected? Run-down? Really dirty? Yep. All the above. So I want to completely make it over and make it beautiful! But of course we aren't going to live here for forever and we are only renting so we don't want to spend a TON of money. So little fixes are the best I can hope for. I'll keep working on rooms and no room is perfect yet but I wanted to show the progress from the past week. So exciting!

The BEFORE view when you walked in our front door - 
 Yup, wallpaper (which we aren't allowed to take down), dingy dirty trim, weird decor, and clutter...
But NOW!!!
CARSON letters from my sweet husband, a baby's breath wreath made by my mom, a cool tin bucket from a new sister-in-law (thanks Angela!) and freshly painted trim. SO much better to come home to!!!

And now for the bathroom. Before it was very... boyish. Case in point:

 One homemade shower curtain (two sheets from Wal-Mart totaling $13) later...
 It now has a white bath mat (thanks Melanie!!!) but I had already taken the picture. ;-)

Oh, and I don't have a before picture of the front door from the inside but imagine VERY 90s draperies. Yup. Some curtains I had made previously look quite good by our door. So pleased.


So that's just a snippet of what our house looks like. Before I sign-off to go eat the yummy supper Tim is making, I'll leave you with a few more "Befores". Yikes. ;-)

Our bedroom...

 The kitchen... which we aren't allowed to paint :-( 


The dining room...

The sewing room...

The living room...

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see what you do with it! maybe you can incorporate Joey's hands in to your new decor...lol

    ReplyDelete