Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 23

We are so close to the end of our month of spending no money. We can do this!

So I wanted to make some cookies using a recipe I found online: Cool Whip Cookies. And I had all the stuff on hand from couponing. Hooray. Well... except for powdered sugar. After some web research, people said that you can use a food processor and blend regular sugar and it becomes powdered sugar. So here's the ingredients:


I mixed it all up and it was like very (VERY!) sticky mousse. 


The directions said to roll it into to balls and then roll in powdered sugar. Yeah, right. I just kinda dolloped it into the fake powdered sugar and then kinda swirled it around. 


I dropped them onto a cookie sheet and sprinkled some more fake powdered sugar because the other was soaking into the dough.


When they came out of the oven, the fake powdered sugar had soaked almost completely into the cookies. But the bad part was that the sugar on the bottom of the cookies had crystalized and stuck the cookies to the pan.


I thought the cookies were just blah. Not quite sweet enough to be cookies, in my opinion. But Tim thought they were pretty good - he said they tasted just like Cocoa Puffs (which he likes). 

Tim had been craving Cinnamon Raisin Bread and so I whipped some up in the bread machine following this recipe. So delicious! This is a keeper!


Tim was in charge of making the meat tonight so he made pork chops in gravy. First time we had ever made gravy (and we were out of milk so we had to use evaporated milk). It turned out so yummy over mashed potatoes! Add some lima beans and a slice of raisin bread and it was the perfect meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment