Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Homemade Homemade Pancakes

Yes, I know I wrote homemade twice. These pancakes were made using homemade Bisquick and homemade cinnamon applesauce. See? Homemade Homemade.


I am ridiculously sick and tired of leftovers. I stopped by Chick-fil-A after volunteering at the church this morning thinking I had a coupon for a free chicken sandwich. Sadly, it wasn't in my purse so I just had to smell the yummy food while I waited to say hi to Tim. I headed straight home and tried to decide what to eat. I was super hungry and I wanted something fast so I pulled up Bisquick's website. I found this recipe for Applesauce Pancakes and knew it was perfect. I made a regular size batch so I could stick the extras in the freezer for the next time I'm sick and tired of leftovers.

I pulled out some of my homemade cinnamon applesauce that Anna Hinton had helped me can. It's super cinnamon-y and a little chunky - yum! So I just did two cups of fake Bisquick, 1 cup of applesauce, 1/2 cup of milk, and two eggs.



Dropped some onto the pan and waited. And then burned them (okay, not *burned* exactly).


They were also a little too thick for my tastes so I added another splash of milk. Next batch I turned down the heat a little.

Well, turned down the heat a lot. I'm still getting used to cooking with a gas stovetop.


Now *this* is what I like a pancake to look like!


I ate three yummy pancakes with some syrup and then let the others cool. I can't say that consistency in color is my forte.


I stuck the extras in a Ziploc and labeled them. Then I put them in the freezer (on my toaster oven rack to keep them flat which I can later take out). Can't wait to enjoy those later!


I love having finished meals in the freezer. Tonight we are having leftover Sausage Rotel Quiche from Day 1 of our Four Weeks of Frugality with some fruit on the side. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment