January - 4 Weeks of Frugality
Starting today (January 3rd) Tim and I are spending $0. The rest of January, exactly $0 is spent.
- Of course we still have to pay our bills. Bummer.
- We filled up the cars with gas today. We intend to be VERY stingy with driving and stay only in Milledgeville.
- We can only eat food we already have in the pantry/freezer/etc.
- Meals MUST include at least 1 vegetable or fruit.
- We have a few gift cards for restaurants that we are allowed to use. But we're saving them until the end of the month just in case we end up eating Ramen noodles 3 days in a row.
So, no buying a piece of gum, a yard of fabric, a Diet Coke, a Starbucks coffee, or discounted Christmas ornaments (today's temptation!). These next four weeks will be a test of willpower, creativity, and contentment. Can't wait!
Tonight's dinner? Sausage quiche (to use up some eggs that will expire soon), cinnamon apples and hash browns (from leftover cooked potatoes). I'll be sure to post a picture.
I intend to blog at least every other night to keep accountable and to show all the (hopefully) creative things I come up with to eat using the food we already have. All encouragement and prayers are appreciated!